The 7th TAF took place from the 14th to the 24th of October of 2021 and was once again held online. The platform which hosted the festival was Festhome. Out of the 2700 movies that were introduced at TAF, the 100 best took place at the international competition, separated (like the previous year) in unique categories, with the end-goal being the easier navigation for the audience. The categories were these: WHOLESOME, VISUAL POETRY, JUKEBOX, MEMORY GHOSTS and 0-99 (the legislated category for movies appropriate for children of every age). The festival premiered with a conversation about Greek animation, in which the founder and director of the festival Dimitris Savvaidis, Michalis Kalopaidis, Alexia Melocchi and Tasos Kotsiras took part. The conversation, like the rest of the masterclasses that followed, took place online, on Zoom, with the coordination of the programmer of the festival, Chrisa Gkouma, which had the shape of an open dialogue with the audience. For 2021, TAF’s program had a special feature on Taiwanese animation, thanks to the collaboration with the TIAF- Taichang Animation Festival! During the festival, was the first international premiere of the, now awarded, short film “ECHO”, a co-production of AddArt and Hoorakhsh Studios, which was developed with the funding by the Greek Film Center. Like every year, with the precious help of Heinrich böll stiftung, the feature on human rights with the special category of “Human Rights Animated” was accomplished, while the homonymous prize was given away. At the same time, the 7th TAF program got two new categories, relative to human rights, dedicated to Diversity and Urban Spaces.
TAF 2021 GUESTS
- Of Greek-Italian ancestry Alexia Melocchi, internationally recognized producer with headquarters in Los Angeles, organisational member of the L.A. Greek Film Festival,
- Greek Tasos Kotsiras, recognized director of animation and CEO of Nurbs Productions.
- Greco Cyprian Michalis Kalopaidis, Executive Producer at “Zedem Media” the most famous animation studio in Cyprus.
- Piotr Michalowski, awarded composer in Poland.
- Iranian Ashkan Rahgozar, founder and CEo of “Hoorakhsh Studios”, one of the best animation studios in Iran.
- Harry Ravelomanantsoa from Cape Town, who is employed as a Technical Software Sales Specialist in “Toon Boom Animation”.
Balkan Animation Forum judges:
- American Theodore “Teddy” Grouya, director and producer, founder of American Documentary and Animation Film Festival.
- Debra Wootton from the United Kingdom, successful producer, founder and CEO of WEBRA Multimedia.
- Native American Glen Beaudin who lives and works in Germany, actor, writer, CEO of “Craft Initiative Agency”.
- Spanish Federico Vallarino, founder and Creative Director of Vallaround and Sales Agent & Business Developer at “Toon Boom”.
TAF 7 awards
“Ecorce” - Samuel Patthey
“Tio” - Huan Medina
“Dans la Nature” - Marcel Barelli
“the night watch” - Julien Regnard
“The Source of the Mountains” - Camille Di Dio
Βραβείο καλύτερης animated ταινίας για παιδιά
“I am a pebble” - Melanie Berteraut
“Horacio” - Caroline Cherrier
“Fuelled” - Michelle Hao
“Egg” - Chryssa Voudouri
Βραβείο καλύτερης ελληνικής ταινίας
“All you can eat” - Dimitris Armenakis
“Sisters” - Andrea Szelesova
“Colza” - Victor Chagniot, Camille Broutin, Matthieu Daures, Victoria De Millo Gregory, Maxime Jouniot, Jade Khoo
“Sounds between the crowns” - Filip Divjak
BAF 2 Awards
“Fishbowl(s)” - Dafni Xourafi
”Mila &Marko” - Dimitar Petrov - ZMEI studios
“My superhero husband” - Mikaela Kakaridi Deligianni & Alex Tagali