The B.A.F pitching is open for animated projects in development. An animated project is a project in which at least 60% of the film under consideration is executed using animation film technology or takes the form of a multimedia audio-visual work with the emphasis on the graphical aspect. The open call applies to all SHORT FILMS, FEATURE FILMS, SERIES and VR/AR TRANSMEDIA PROJECTS.
- B.A.F is exclusively addressed to projects that have been produced or are currently being produced in the Balkan Peninsula, which includes the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia,Turkey.
- Only the project rights holders can submit projects to the B.A.F. Pitch. Applicants must hold the rights to the project including:
- The right to present the project and any of its parts (including video in any form) to the public.
- The right to publish information on the project and any of its parts in any form. By submitting the project, the producer or the project’s rights holder grants T.A.F the right to publish – within the scope of the B.A.F. Pitching Forum– basic information about the project, its headline picture and /or its video presentation.
- The selected artists must agree to present their project LIVE during the B.A.F Pitch, in front of a JURY composed of film and animation professionals.
- All projects that promote sexism, racism or discrimination of any kind will not be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY
Every project information must be included in a single PDF file, named “BAF_(name of the project)_SUBMISSION” which must not exceed the size of 1GB. The file needs to include the following information:
- Basic: project title, genre, country or countries of production, a logline (250 characters max), a long synopsis (1400 characters max), team and/or studio bio, director statement, producer statement
- Technical: length, target audience, project treatment, stage of development, estimated budget (optional), visuals - at least 4 items (e.g. stills, character design, background design, poster, concept art, teaser/trailer if any etc).
All projects must be submitted at
THE PITCHING FORUM
B.A.F. takes place during TAF - Thessaloniki Animation Festival. Once your project is selected to participate in B.A.F, you cannot withdraw your submission and your attendance is mandatory. Pitching sessions will be preceded by a workshop, led by an expert tutor to discuss the best pitching strategies. After the workshop, each participating project team will have a meeting with the jury (experienced film professionals and/or film and TV executives). Participants will have 10-minute slots to execute the pitching presentations. The jury's verdict on the winning projects, will be final and will not be altered.
The winning projects will win mentoring sessions with experts from the field of animation on script and production. The winning project will also win an "Oculus Quest" VR all-in-one headset. By submitting their project, the rights holders of the winning project agree that they will present their projects as “Winner of B.A.F. 2020“ in project’s future materials.
The organizer of B.A.F is ADDART.
For all questions regarding the rules and the submission form, please refer to
(+30)2310244082 & 6944692021 //
By submitting your participation, you agree with the terms above.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and we will be thrilled to have you on board! Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any concern or additional information. Best regards,