Thessaloniki Animation Film Festival
4th Thessaloniki Animation Festival
AddArt in collaboration with the Municipality of Thessaloniki and the Department of Tourism presents the second largest Animation Festival in Greece.
TAF full with new faces is coming for the 4th consecutive year in Thessaloniki.
Free Entrance for Everyone.
Come and join us in a full 4-day Animation Event in the center of Thessaloniki on 18-19-20-21 of October 2018.
Screenings will take place at the historical central cinema “MAKEDONIKON".
In addition, workshops and children's screenings will be held at the Municipal Central Library of Thessaloniki.
Some of honored guests:
- Tim Allen, key animator in Isle of Dogs by Wes Anderson.
- Nik Phelps & Nancy Denney-Phelps, music composer in animation movies and animation journalist at AWN.
- Federico Vallarino from Toon Boom.
Irida Zhonga will present her new successful project MAN WANTED
- Nikos Deligaris will present the psychology and the importance of the composition and color of the image.
- Do not miss the talks and panels about animation and its applications, and also the opportunities that exist in the field of animation in Greece.
- This year, for the first time in its history TAF hosts a special animation unit on the environment titled “AnimEARTH", as part of the 4th Thessaloniki Animation Festival.
- This tribute is implemented by the Operational Program “Human Resources Development, Education and Lifelong Learning” and it is co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund) and Greek National Funds.
- Its main targets relate to: Developing and exploiting the capacities of the country’s human resources.
- Improving the quality of education, lifelong learning, raising awareness for environmental education.
- Linking education to the labor market.
- Strengthening social cohesion and social inclusion of vulnerable social groups.
- The “AnimEARTH” tribute is free of entrance to the public and the venue ensures easy access to people with limited mobility.
The Ukrainian and Hungarian Panorama Animation screenings
The HUMAN RIGHTS ANIMATED tribute with the support of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Foundation GR, where selected animated short films will raise or highlight human rights issues through the art of animation.
Chloé Alliez & Violette Delvoye return from last year and they will showcase the world premiere of their World in (stop) Motion series. An episode of their showcase called “Ruined Picture" was filmed in TAF last year along with participants in a two-day stop motion workshop.
On Saturday and Sunday mornings there will be screenings and workshops for children.
TAF will have a competition featuring short animated short films from all over the world and the best will be awarded during the closing ceremony in various categories.
Finally, our guests will be awarded for their lifetime achievements in the field of animation.
- Find out more on our site below and follow us on social media so you do not miss a thing!
FREE ENTRANCE FOR ALL!
Thessaloniki Animation Festival supports ‘AROGI’ of Thessaloniki for the 4th year.
During the 4th TAF long-term food, stationery, detergents and personal hygiene items will be collected for families supported by ‘AROGI’ Thessaloniki will be collected.
The Festival is organized by AddArt, Non-Profit Organization which promotes culture. To achieve its goals, AddArt organizes a variety of cultural and social actions such as events, exhibitions, performances and festivals focusing on the visual, audiovisual and digital arts. Addart also deals with new technologies (augmented reality, etc.), designs educational games, creates comics, animations, films, documentaries and generally adds art to various collaborations with other institutions and organizations. Additionally, AddArt continues to publish presentation of its projects that are completed during its activities in order to disseminate and promote the message of cultural creation.